Legalization of Documents

General Information

All documents must be submitted by hand or sent to the following address:

Consulate General of the United Arab Emirates in New York
305 East 47th Street.
7th floor
New York, NY 10017

Payments must be made with a Visa or MasterCard in person at the Consulate or online through the the E-payment Gateway found on the Ministry's main website, here

A prepaid, self-addressed return envelope or airway bill is required. Note: do not put the UAE Consulate as the return address. Write your name and address for the sender and recipient of the return envelope or airway bill. Putting the UAE Consulate name or address anywhere on the envelope or airway bill will result in considerable delays.

The Consulate requires a minimum of 1 business day to process any document.

Please contact the Consulate if you have any questions: (212) 419-7670.

Steps for the Legalization of Documents

  1. All legal documents need to be attested by the U.S Department of State prior to sending them to the UAE Consulate. For the US Department of State requirements, please call 202-647-4000 or visit their website.
  2. US Department of State

    Visit or send the document to the US State Department Authentication Division in Washington DC.

    Important: Please have the documents returned to you, not the UAE Consulate. This helps avoid the loss of documents during transit, and confirms that the Department of State processed your document.

  3. UAE Consulate

    Send or bring the authenticated documents to the UAE Consulate for final authentication:

    • Note: The Consulate is no longer accepting money orders or cashier's checks. You can pay the  the appropriate fee (list below, fees are per document), with a Visa or MasterCard in person at the Consulate.
    • You can also process payments online through the E-payment Gateway found on the Ministry's main website, here
    • If you choose to pay online, please be sure to bring or send your payment confirmation email and reference number with your documents.
    • If you send the documents, include a pre-paid self-addressed return envelope. Write your name and address for the sender and recipient of the return envelope or airway bill.
    • Please do not combine documents, documents must be attested separately.

Fees (Per Document)

Corporate and Legal Documents

IMPORTANT: Please call the Consulate at 212-419-7670 to confirm the appropriate fee. 

Fee: $544.59 each Fee: $544.59 each
General Power of Attorney

Certificate of Good Standing


Free Sale Certificate/EP

Distribution Agreement, Agency...etc

Price List

Article of Incorporation, Registration

Financial Statement (if  more than one year are included the fees will be charged $544.59 per year)


GMP Certificate
Authorization of Agent

Sanitary Certificate


ISO Certificate

Board Resolution Certificate of Existence
Certificate of Incorporation


By Laws


US Patent Application


Trademark Application


Business License


Business Registration


FDA Certificate


Change of Address



Educational Documents

The UAE Consulate requests the following for educational documents:

In addition to the US Department of State attestation, please be advised that a Proof of Accreditation is required. The educational institution must be located in the US and regionally accredited by NEASC (CIHE), MSA (CHE), NCA (HLC), SACS (COC), NWCCU, or WASC (ACCJC-ACSCU). To show proof of regional accreditation, please visit the CHEA Database of Institutions and Programs and print your institution’s accreditation information.

Personal and Education Documents

IMPORTANT: Please call the Consulate at 212-419-7670 to confirm the appropriate fee. 

Fee: $40.84 each

Education Document (diplomas, degrees).  Documents must be separate

Birth Certificate, Fingerprints, etc.

Marital Status

Power of Attorney (Personal)

Certificate of Good Conduct


How do I get my diploma, university degree, transcript, birth certificate, death certificate, marriage license, police records, police report, personal power of attorney certified and attested?

If the document(s) is issued to you by a US government entity or a US institution, you must first have it authenticated by the US Department of State Office of Authentication in Washington, DC. Please review the US Department of State requirements for authentication. These include:

  • Attest and certify the document(s) with a notary (notary public or notary at a local court).
  • Have the document(s) legalized at the local Secretary of State office. Check the list of Secretaries of State to find one in your area.

For any questions about the above, please contact the US Department of State.

Once you have received your authenticated document(s) from the US Department of State, bring or mail the document(s) to the Consulate of the United Arab Emirates in New York with a money order for the appropriate amount ($41.00 for each certificate) payable to UAE Consulate and a pre-paid return FedEx or express mail envelope. The mailing address of the UAE Consulate  is:

Consulate General of the United Arab Emirates in New York
Attn: Certification Office
305 East 47th STREET
7th Floor
New York, NY 10017

The Consulate does not provide recommendations for couriers. To find one in your area, please check the local phone book or search online.

If your document(s) is issued to you by:

  • A government entity or institution outside the United States, please contact the UAE Embassy in that country. Please check the list of UAE embassies and consulates in other countries.
  • The UAE and you need it certified for use in your home country, contact your home country’s embassy in the UAE. Please check the list of embassies​ and consulates in the UAE.

Can the Consulate recommend a service company that will help me legalize my document(s)?

No. The UAE Consulate does not give referrals or bear responsibilities for outside document service companies.

Newsletter Sign Up

Area(s) of Interest