Certificate of Good Conduct
In order to get a Certificate of Good Conduct from the UAE, a fingerprint form must be legalized with the relevant US authorities, submitted to the UAE Consulate for legalization and then sent to the appropriate Ministry of Interior agency in the UAE.
Getting the Fingerprints Legalized in the US
- Have your fingerprint card authenticated by the US State Department Authentication Division.
- An extra copy of each original document
- Appropriate Visa or MasterCard payment made in person at the Consulate or online payment processed through the Ministry's E-payment Gateway website, here. Please call the Consulate at 212-697-0439 to confirm the appropriate fee.
- A prepaid return envelope, with your name and address appearing on both the sender and the recipient fields.
The address of the UAE Consulate in New York is:
535 5th Ave., 32nd Floor
New York, NY, 10017
Sending the Documents to the UAE
Once you have received the documents back from the UAE Consulate, you have to send them to the appropriate agency in the UAE. Please include the following items:
- The fingerprint form legalized by the UAE Consulate
- A copy of your previous residence permit in the UAE
- A copy of your recent passport
- Two (2) colored passport-size photographs
- Any required fees (depends on jurisdiction)
Send your packet to one of the two Ministry of Interior agencies below. Before sending the documents, please call to receive information on required fees, and to make sure you're sending them to the appropriate jurisdiction.
General Department of Criminal Investigation
|Police Department - Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
We suggest sending the documents to a friend in the UAE, so that your friend can obtain the certificate from the Police Department on your behalf. This will greatly reduce the processing time compared to sending the documents directly to the Police Department.